God’s Mercy

 Romans 9-12

“…’I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.’ It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.”

Romans 9:15, 16

Salvation is by grace alone. It is the mercy and kindness of God that leads us to repentance. Salvation is not the result of man’s effort, including the efforts of those who design mission strategies, training, and materials. Salvation is not even the mental assent to biblical truth. Salvation is a miracle of new birth and the fruit of God’s mercy, grace, and kindness to us. Our response to God’s mercy and grace is repentance and acknowledgment of our need of him. We live with eternal gratitude for what God has done for us in Christ. This is not a testimony of our readiness for salvation; it is of God’s love toward us while we were yet sinners.

Have we experienced God’s mercy?

Is that our testimony?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your love and mercy toward me. All I have is yours, for your glory.”