In Christ is our Witness

 John 15-18

“My prayer is not for them [disciples] alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”

John 17:20, 21

The Lord Jesus has prayed and is praying for us today. His prayer for us who know him is that we would be one Body and one Church, united in our knowledge and love of Christ. The only way that oneness is possible is if we are in fellowship with Jesus Christ and God the Father through the Holy Spirit. Our unity as the Church is predicated by our unity with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - one God.

How do we practically live in God each day?

We listen and obey his living Word. We love God with all we are and we love those around us as we have been loved by God. The world will believe in the divinity of Jesus by the testimony of our fellowship with God and with each other as Christ followers.

Can others see Jesus in us?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your prayers for my intimacy with you and for the unity of your church, for your glory.”