Jesus is Our Life

Exodus 25-27; Acts 6 


“’Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you…Put the bread of the Presence on this table to be before me at all times…Aaron and his sons are to keep the lamps burning before the Lord from evening till morning…’”

Exodus 25:9, 30; 27:21

Moses was shown the original design of the temple in heaven and instructed to make a copy on earth. The writer of Hebrews goes into detail explaining how Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of the sacrifice offered at the tabernacle/temple. Jesus is also our permanent high priest, always living to make intercession for us. He is the “bread of the Presence” sent from heaven to give life to all. Jesus is the light of the world, which shines in the darkness. 

Is Jesus our life, or are we still looking for life in the acceptance of others through our religious rituals or our accumulation of things or experiences?

When Jesus is our life, we listen to him and walk in his love each day. He actually lives through us with life that is abundant.

“Lord Jesus, you are my atonement, my strength, my food, my light, and my guide. You are my life. Live through me, for your glory.”