Fighting for Our Inheritance

 Joshua 18-20; 1 Corinthians 9 

“(But the Danites had difficulty taking possession of the territory, so they went up and attacked Leshem, took it, put it to the sword and occupied it. They settled in Leshem and named it Dan after their forefather.)”

Joshua 19:47

“…Run in such a way as to get the prize…I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

1 Corinthians 9:24, 27

The tribe of Dan failed to possess their inheritance, and instead, they settled for a consolation prize in the far north of Israel. Many Christ-followers also fail to possess the fullness of the life Christ offers in the Gospel. They are unwilling to pay the price to confront the ‘giants of the world’ - their sinful nature, and Satan (Ephesians 2:1-3). In their pursuit of discipleship and sanctification, Dan and his tribe never confronted the giants of Ekron and Gath (the home of Goliath and his four brothers), and eventually they entirely abandoned their original inheritance, the territory that could have been theirs.

Who today, are confronting lust, fear, generational sins, and strongholds?

Our inheritance in Christ is worth any price!

“Lord Jesus, you are my Deliverer. I choose to fight for my inheritance, for your glory.”