The Choice

Joshua 7-8; Psalms 69; 1 Corinthians 5

“Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters…I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hooves.”

Psalm 69:14, 30, 31

Relational conflict can feel like a mud pit, or like drowning in deep water. David expressed his pain and anger to the Lord and then he did something that refocused his thoughts and attention on a more edifying subject. David offered God the sacrifice of praise in the midst of his relational pain. He chose to glorify God rather than wallow in the mud. When we find ourselves in a relational mud hole, we, too, have the same choice. Either we can throw more mud, or we can climb out and refocus our attention on the Lord our Defender.

“Lord Jesus, I choose to glorify you this day with thanksgiving and praise.”