Our Response to God’s Mercy

 Proverbs 7-9; Romans 9 

“For he says to Moses, ‘I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.’ It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.”

Romans 9:15, 16

To experience God’s mercy in our lives is an amazing gift. God’s grace is not dependent on human desire or effort. There is no room for comparisons with others or attempts to justify or critique God’s mercy and grace. Our response can only be gratitude and humility. God is more merciful than any human will ever be. His grace saves, heals, delivers, and transforms. Instead of attempting to earn God’s love, we are invited to stop and express gratitude for the many ways we have experienced God’s compassion, mercy, love, and grace in our lives. Worship is a normal response for those who know our merciful God.

“Lord God, thank you for your kindness, mercy, grace, and love toward me. I am overwhelmed, for your glory.”