What Are We Talking About?

 2 Samuel 17; Psalms. 71; Matthew 26

“But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.”

Psalm 71:14, 15

David knew God’s righteousness and saving power through his experience of the Holy Spirit and God’s frequent acts of protection and provision. Salvation was a very real and practical word in David’s life. He told stories of God’s righteousness and salvation because they had changed his life.

What do we talk about?

Through Jesus Christ, we have been given God’s righteousness, or right standing with God, so we, like David, can have a relationship with God. We, too, have been saved from the penalty for our sins, and daily saved from spiritual attacks and calamities, many of which we are often unaware. Although we are unaware of the measure and eternal impact of God’s salvation and his gift of righteousness to us, we can testify to the hope we have found in knowing Christ.

Lord Jesus, you are my hope, righteousness, and salvation, for your glory.”