Christ’s Peace or the World’s?

 Jeremiah 10-12; John 14 

“…the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

John 14:26, 27

The peace that Jesus offers us is peace within, in the person of the Holy Spirit. The peace the world offers is the negotiated absence of conflict. Without the inner peace of God’s presence, we can still live in fear and with troubled thoughts despite the absence of physical conflict around us. Christ’s offer of peace changes our inner reality so that we become a blessing to others, even in situations of conflict. The reality of the Holy Spirit’s peace-filled presence guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus and transcends understanding.

Are we experiencing Christ’s peace, or just the world’s?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your peace-filled presence in my life, for your glory.”