Listen and Follow

 Jeremiah 1-2; John 10

“’My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me’…’Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does…the Father is in me, and I in the Father.’”

John 10:27, 38

Jesus knew the voice of his Father because his Father indwelt him by the Holy Spirit. Jesus followed the daily guidance and will of his Father, rather than just responding to needs or opportunities around him. The same life of discipleship is what Jesus offers us. He promises to indwell us through the Holy Spirit so we, too, can know his voice and follow him each day. Following in daily life is the key to fruitful living as disciples of Christ.

Are we listening to the still, quiet promptings of God’s Spirit within us?

Are we finding our life in this walk of surrender and obedience, or are we still pursuing our own ambitions?

Living on mission with Jesus requires that we listen to him.

“Lord Jesus, I repent for not listening and obeying your voice as you intended. Open my heart to listen and follow, for your glory.”