Living in Unity for Christ’s Glory

Jeremiah 18-20; Psalms 93; John 17 


“’…I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.’”

John 17:20-22

Jesus lived for the glory of his Father; his prayer for us is that we will live the same way. Our unity as Christ-followers is possible because Jesus has given us access to the presence of the Father and his glory. It is before the throne of God that we are unified as the Body of Christ. In loving one another we are expressing the love Jesus has for the Father and the Holy Spirit. In expressing this loving unity we bear witness to the transforming power of God in the world and authenticate Christ’s Gospel. Jesus is praying for our unity through our embrace of his glory, setting aside lesser things.

Are we living in this vision Christ has for his Body and the world?

“Lord Jesus, your glory is my focus and your will is my desire.”