The Father’s Enablement

2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6 

“’All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.’…For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, ‘This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father enabled him.’”

John 6:37, 64, 65

In every area of his life, Jesus lived in complete dependence on the Father’s will. He knew who would find salvation; yet, he chose Judas as a disciple because the Father instructed him as to who would form his inner team. Yet, even as one of the twelve disciples, Judas still had to choose whether he would repent and surrender his will to God. Jesus obeyed the Father, even though he knew Judas was not loyal to him. This is difficult to understand and challenges us to keep the Father’s will above even our most prudent leadership principles.

Are we being drawn to Jesus by the Father’s will?

“Father God, your kingdom come, your will be done in my life as it is in heaven, for your glory.”