The Hand of the Lord

Ezekiel 1-3; Revelations 2 


“…There the hand of the Lord was upon him…The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness and in the anger of my spirit, with the strong hand of the Lord upon me…The hand of the Lord was upon me there, and he said to me, ‘Get up and go out to the plain, and there I will speak to you.’”

Ezekiel 1:3; 3:14, 22

Ezekiel’s call to serve as God’s messenger to the Israelites was only possible because the hand of the Lord was upon him. When the hand of the Lord is on our lives we have the empowerment and the words to accomplish the mission the Lord has called us on. No earthly authority, title, salary, or education is enough to accomplish the Lord’s assignments for us; only the hand of the Lord will carry us through.

Are we aware of the hand of the Lord on our lives?

Are we spending on other resources rather than relying on the strong hand of the Lord?

“Lord Jesus, I submit myself under your mighty hand, that in due time you will lift me up, for your glory.”