Choosing Life

 Daniel 7-8; Psalms 137; Luke 4

“…he said to him, ‘I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours.’…’The Spirit of the (Sovereign) Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor…”

Luke 4:6, 7, 18

Jesus had a choice: either the authority and glory of the nations, or the anointing of the Holy Spirit to transform the nations. He chose the Holy Spirit.

What will our choice be?

When we serve as ambassadors of reconciliation from the throne room of the Lord, we represent the King of kings. When we choose the glory and splendor of the nations, we become Satan’s puppet. Jesus chose that which was eternal.

Will we choose as Jesus did?

Only God can forgive sin, free spiritual prisoners, and heal, deliver, and transform lives. The true riches of the kingdom are available for those who seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.

“Lord Jesus, thank you for choosing your Father and his kingdom. Fill me with your Spirit as I choose the same, for your glory.”