Do Not Defile Yourselves

 Ezekiel 20-21, Psalms 111; Revelations 8 

“And I said to them, ‘Each of you, get rid of the vile images you have set your eyes on, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.’”

Ezekiel 20:7

When we set our eyes on vile images through our TVs, internet, or screens, we, too, defile ourselves with sin. These sin-choices can become sin-strongholds, and as with Israel, become resistant to repentance and cleansing. Israel brought the idols of Egypt with them into the Promised Land. We, too, can treat lust, materialism, and sin lightly and not value our experience of enjoying God’s presence with us. Job stated boldly, ‘I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl (Job31:1).

Why? - Because Job valued his walk with God.

What has, or is, trying to defile our lives and limit our walk with God?

Will we repent, resist in Jesus name, and be renewed in grace, forgiveness, and freedom?

“Lord Jesus, I covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at people or things, for your glory.”