God’s Covenant of Peace

Ezekiel 36-37; Psalms 110; Revelations 19 

“…I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God…I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant…”

Ezekiel 37:23, 26

God’s promise of initiating a covenant of peace with Israel was fulfilled in the coming of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. His covenant of peace was sealed with his own blood as he gave his life to atone for the sinful backsliding of Israel and all the nations who do not yet know peace with God. This covenant of peace through the blood of Christ is God’s peace-plan for the world. Those who know this peace are ambassadors of reconciliation, announcing that peace with God and others is now possible through the forgiveness of Christ and in the power of his Spirit.

Are we experiencing and sharing this covenant of peace?

“Lord Jesus, you are our peace. Fill me with your peace this day, for your glory.”