Our Eternal Home

 Ezekiel 40-41; Psalms 128; Revelations 21 

“…’Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.’ And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God…”

Revelation 21:9-11

For those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life, this city is our home; not our future home, but our home now. We, like Moses and Abraham, have turned our back on an earthly inheritance and we are investing in eternity. This massive, glorious city is called the bride of the Lamb. We are now being built together, like living stones, into a temple in which God dwells by his Spirit. Our eternal home is not our creation, but God’s. We are not building heaven on earth; God is making and bringing a new heaven and a new earth. 

Do we clearly understand where our home and address will be?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for writing my name in the Lamb’s book of life. I choose to live now with your kingdom values, mission, and purpose as I await my eternal home with you, for your glory.”