Paul’s Character and Motives

 Job 15; Acts 19-20

“…You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publically and from house to house.”

Acts 20:18-20

Paul’s life and words were congruent. His tent-making supported the work of preaching so he wasn’t controlled by the donations of his audience. With great humility and boldness he served the Lord and the people. This freedom from the control of others, and yet servant-leadership attitude reminds us of Jesus. Paul’s tears for those he was ministering to were an expression of the love which motivated his life.

What motivates us in life and ministry to others?

In what areas of character are we being invited to new levels of Christ-likeness?

“Lord Jesus, your humility, love, boldness, servanthood, and great freedom are all areas I desire to grow in, for your glory.”