I Will Question You

Job 37-38; 1 Corinthians 12 

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm. He said: ‘Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’”

Job 38:1-2

When God asks us questions, is it because he doesn’t know the answer?

When God called out to Adam in the garden and asked, ‘Where are you?’ (Genesis 3:9), was it because God didn’t know?

When God asked Jeremiah, ‘What do you see?’ (Jeremiah 1:11), was it because God lacked vision?

When Isaiah saw the Lord seated on a throne and heard him ask, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ (Isaiah 6:8), did God already know the answer to his question?

Are there questions the Lord is asking us that we are avoiding or afraid to answer?

Our confidence in Christ is that we can boldly approach the throne of grace. In our weakness, God’s strength is made perfect. We can fully trust God’s goodness toward us, even when we don’t have answers.

“Lord God, thank you for your goodness and your revelation to me in Christ, for your glory.”