Our Dwelling Place

Numbers 12-13; Psalms 90; Mark 2

“…’When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord…’”

Numbers 12:6-8

“Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.”

Psalm 90:1

“…Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts…”

Mark 2:8

Our privilege as sons and daughters of the Lord is that we live in his house. We dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Our spirit is connected to the Holy Spirit at salvation as Jesus and the Father make their ‘home’ with us, indwelling us through the Holy Spirit. Like Moses, we can speak with the Lord ‘face to face’, no longer slaves to sin, but sons and daughters of the King. Let us not stop at salvation, with sin atoned for, but rather, press into the Lord’s presence. He reveals himself to seekers, not casual inquirers. Learning the Spirit’s promptings, we, too, will perceive him in our spirit and learn to walk in the Spirit as we minister to others.

“Jesus, thank you that I can live at home with you, for your glory.”