The Way

Numbers 1-2; Acts 24 

“…I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets; and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.”

Acts 24:14-16

Paul was a follower of the Way, the path of discipleship in the Way of Jesus. His beliefs were a lifestyle he walked in each day, rather than a creed he recited just on Sundays. Paul’s beliefs and lifestyle in the Way were rooted in the Mosaic Law and the Prophets. His belief in the resurrection of the dead was rooted in the Psalms and Daniel. Rather than a rootless sect seeking power, followers of the Way were living in the fulfillment of the covenant-promises God had given to their spiritual fathers in Judaism. 

As those who follow the Way of Jesus today, are we aware of the deep roots of our faith in the Law and the Prophets?

Are we aware of the many ways Christ fulfilled the Law, the feasts, and the temple worship?

Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

Are we, too, striving always to keep our conscience clear before God and people in expectation of Christ’s return?

“Lord Jesus, you are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, in which I walk daily, for your glory.”