You Belong to Me

Leviticus 25; Psalms 25-26; Acts 22

“’The land must not be sold permanently because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants…for the Israelites belong to me as servants. They are my servants, whom I brought out of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.”

Leviticus 25:23, 55

God’s claim on the land and the people of Israel was based on his deliverance of his people from slavery in Egypt, and his liberation of the land from the Canaanite fertility gods.

How do we, who have been liberated from the slavery of sin and death, view our lives and all we possess?

Are we aware that we owe our lives to God, and all that he has entrusted to us?

What difference does this reality make in the way we steward our bodies, our wealth, and our future?

Do we see ourselves as aliens and strangers on this earth traveling to our eternal home?

“Lord God, I offer my life and all you have given to me back to you, for your glory.”