The Journey of Restoration

Deuteronomy 30-31; Psalms 40; 1 Corinthians 1 

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.”

Psalm 40:1-3

Where do we turn when we are stuck in the mud and mire of sin, despair, or hopeless circumstances?

David waited patiently for the Lord. When our sin has placed us in the mud we must humble ourselves and repent. We must resist the lies and oppression of the enemy in the mighty name of Jesus. However, we must also wait on the Lord. It is the Lord who will deliver us. It is the Lord who uses our mud and mire to discipline us so that we, too, learn to obey the truth and resist the lies and deceptions of the enemy. Restoration is God’s heart for us. He wants our feet on a rock and a new song in our mouths. The testimony of restoration is powerful and has the potential to turn many to the fear and trust of the Lord.

“Lord God, only you restore with grace and truth, for your glory.”