Mission Clarity

2 Samuel 4-5; Psalms 139; Matthew 16 


“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will bind my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Matthew 16:18, 19

It is the Lord who names us, gives us our assignments in his kingdom, and then gives us the authority to complete those assignments. When we attempt to make a name for ourselves, our work, including vocational ministry, becomes self-serving. When we pursue our own goals in life rather than the Lord’s assignments for us, we fail to leave a lasting legacy. When we try to serve others in our own strength or positional authority, we fail to see the breakthroughs God intends us to experience. Name, assignments, and authority all define the impact of our lives.

Are we experiencing the fullness of Christ’s kingdom-mission in our lives?

Where is he inviting us to seek him for more clarity and equipping?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for naming me, guiding me, and empowering me to live on mission with you, for your glory.”