The Lord’s Anointed

 1 Samuel 24; Psalms 57-58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8

“’…I will not lift my hand against my master, because he is the Lord’s anointed.’”

1 Samuel 24:10

“’…But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me.”

Matthew 8:8, 9

The anointing of the Holy Spirit on our lives is the most valuable gift God gives his servants. This anointing is for those who submit to the Lord’s authority and give themselves to the Lord’s assignments. David recognized the Lord’s anointing on King Saul. He knew that if he usurped that authority, the Lord’s authority in his own life would be usurped by someone. Jesus commended the centurion who understood and responded to authority with faith.

Do we recognize and respond to spiritual authority?

Are we seeking the authority of men, or the authority of the Lord?

Will we submit to authority with humility?

“Lord Jesus, you rebuked sickness, the wind, the waves, and even death. I submit to your authority and value your anointing, for your glory.”