Deep Waters, Spacious Places

Ecclesiastes 4-6; Psalms 18; Ephesians 3 


“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me…He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”

Psalm 18:16, 17, 19

Many of God’s servants can testify that in their moments or seasons of greatest need, they cried out to the Lord, and he drew them out of “deep waters” and brought them into a “spacious place”. When we place our lives into the hands of God, he becomes our shield, our fortress, and our deliverer. It is the sovereign hand of God on our lives which is our greatest source of confidence and strength. God allows tests, deep waters, and strong opponents to test and refine our faith. He wants to know where our confidence is placed. Often a very confining test is followed by a spacious place and our confidence in the Lord is rewarded.

Where do we find ourselves on the journey of faith?

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your deliverance, provision, and power, both in the “deep waters” and in a “spacious place”, for your glory.”