God’s Resting Place

Isaiah 65-66; Psalms 62; John 3 

“’Heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?...This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.’”

Isaiah 66:1, 2

The Creator of heaven and earth has chosen to indwell those who are humble, contrite in Spirit, and tremble at his Word. Have we understood God’s ways and who he is?

Or, are we trusting in a “fire insurance” prayer made when we were younger?

Living with pride, stubbornly pursuing our sinful ways, and ignoring God’s Word indicate we do not possess the presence of the Living God in our lives. God’s house is not built by men; rather, it is built by the lives of those who offer themselves to the Lord as living sacrifices. Worship and mission become the purpose for our lives, not events we attend.

“Lord Jesus, live, love, worship, and witness through me, for your glory.”