Remember

Micah 5-7; Hebrews 7 


“’My people, remember what Balak king of Moab counseled and what Balaam son of Beor answered. Remember your journey from Shittim to Gilgal, that you may know the righteous acts of the Lord.’”

Micah 6:5

Remembering our discipleship and salvation-journey reminds us, both of our need for God’s grace and saving power, and of God’s faithfulness. Shittim represented Israel’s sexual sin and vulnerability to the schemes of the enemy. Gilgal was a place of new beginnings, consecration to God, and possession of the Promised Land. In between Shittim and Gilgal was the swollen Jordan River. God parted the river and made a way for Israel to cross over, just as he has made a way for us, in Christ, to leave behind the bondage of sin and cross over into the life of the Spirit. Take time to remember the righteous acts of the Lord in your stories and give him glory.

“Lord God, you are my deliverer, my healer, my leader, my king. I offer myself to you, for your glory.”