A Mighty Warrior

Jeremiah 18-20; Psalms 93; John 17


“’But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail…O Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous and probe the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance upon them, for to you I have committed my cause.’”

Jeremiah 20:11, 12

The Lord is fighting for us today! He is a mighty warrior who made a public spectacle of the powers of darkness, triumphing over them on the cross (Colossians 2:15). The reason the son of man appeared was to destroy the devil’s work (1 John 3:8). Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us. When we, like Jeremiah, commit our cause, our battles, our family, and our business to the Lord, the Lord will fight our battles. Our responsibility is to surrender our troubles, our anxiety, and our stubborn self-will to the Lord. He will prevail on our behalf. 

As the Spirit of God probes our hearts and minds this day, what struggles and fears are we being invited to commit to him?

“Lord Jesus, you are the mighty warrior on whom I fully depend this day, for your glory.”