Living Under the Right Hand

Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalms 143, 144 


“…Then he placed his right hand on me and said: ‘Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”

Revelation 1:17, 18

These truth-statements by Christ transform our lives and our future when we live under his hand. Under Christ’s hand, we do not need to fear. Jesus is the Beginning and the End. He alone is God. Jesus is the Living One and the One who gives us life to the full. Jesus overcame death and now holds the keys of authority for death and hell. The resurrected Lord Jesus delivers us from death and the bondage of sin as we humble ourselves under his mighty hand. Some people want the benefits of Christ’s salvation and forgiveness without the surrender of living under his hand. That won’t work. One day every person will stand before the glorified King of kings and either receive his gift of Heaven, or face the consequences of their rejection of Christ here on earth. 

Will we live under the hand of Christ and enjoy his abundant life that never ends?

“Lord Jesus, I bow before you. Your hand on my life is my greatest gift. Thank you.”