You Trust in Me

 Jeremiah 37-39; Psalms 79; 2 John 

“Ebed-Melech went out of the palace and said to him, ‘My Lord the king, these men have acted wickedly in all they have done to Jeremiah the prophet.’…’This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel says: ‘I am about to fulfill my words against this city…But I will rescue you on that day,…you will not be handed over to those you fear. I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the Lord.’”

Jeremiah 38:8, 9; 39:16-18

Ebed-Melech, the Cushite from the upper Nile region of Africa, risked his government position and possibly his life to advocate for Jeremiah when no one else would defend him. In advocating saving Jeremiah’s life, Ebed-Melech demonstrated that his ultimate allegiance was to the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel. When the final days of Jerusalem approached, it was the Lord Almighty who promised Ebed-Melech, the Ethiopian eunuch, he would not be killed.

Who are we trusting in today?

Will our employer, our government, or any other earthly power be able to deliver us from death, or more importantly, grant us life eternal?

Ebed-Melech’s trust in God, and his courage to act were rewarded, and so will our trust and courage be rewarded!

“Lord Almighty, my faith is in you, for your glory.”