Watchmen

Ezekiel 33-35, Revelation 18 

“’Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.’”

Ezekiel 33:7

God still calls watchmen to speak to his people - watchmen who care more for the spiritual health and wellbeing of God’s people than for their own popularity or position - watchmen and watchwomen who have the hand of God on their lives and who hear God’s Word well and obey - watchmen who speak with the anointing of the Holy Spirit and fear God more than men.

Do we know watchmen like that?

What is their word to God’s people, in our place and in our time?

We, too, are weighed down by offenses and sins which have consequences. We, too, must turn away from sinful habits and self-indulgent living and turn toward the living God and his call.

What Word is the Lord speaking to us?

Will we listen, obey, and turn?

Will we listen, obey, and speak?

“Lord Jesus, you are the watchman of my soul and your Word to me is loving and clear. I will obey and follow you, for your glory.”