After God’s Heart

 Job 9-10; Acts 13-14 

“After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’”

Acts 13:22

God has many acquaintances, but not many friends. David was a man after God’s own heart. We trust our friends to know our heart and not betray us. David was a worshiper before he was a warrior and king. David knew the freedom and peace of God’s anointing and the favor God’s anointing brought with it. The words God spoke through David continue to encourage God’s people because they reveal God’s heart, as well as the hearts of those who seek God.

Does God trust us as friends to whom he can give his kingdom assignments?

Are we seeking God’s heart so that our hearts will be more like his own?

“Lord Jesus, you were both the root and the offspring of David. You are my root. I pray your heart would be expressed in and through my life, for your glory.”