Christ’s Peace
Jeremiah 10-12; John 14
“’All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.’”
John 14:25-27alone, we are known and loved by our Father God.
“Father God,
The peace that Jesus promised his disciples is not the peace the world gives. The world’s peace is at best the absence or minimizing of conflict. The peace of Christ is the presence of the Holy Spirit who reminds us of the promises and principles of Jesus. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace… (Galatians 5:22). Fear and a troubled heart can steal our peace by attempting to separate us from our awareness of the Holy Spirit’s presence. If we call on the Lord, rebuke fear, and invite Jesus to fill us with his peace, we will find the wonderful presence of the Holy Spirit reminding us we are known and loved by our Father God.
“Father God, thank you for the Counselor who reminds me of your love and peace, for your glory.”