I Will be Joyful
Habakkuk 1-3; John 8
“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.”
Habakkuk 3:17-19
In the midst of war, pestilence, and plague where do we turn for hope and perspective?
Habakkuk found joy in the Lord, not in his circumstances, vacations, possessions, and recent purchases; but, joy in the Lord our Savior.
Why? Because the sovereign Lord was Habakkuk’s strength and he can be our strength as well.
Our strength does not come through our retirement investments, health plans, or group of friends; our strength comes through our relationship with the Lord. Joy, worship, and gratitude in the midst of very challenging circumstances are weapons of battle. We choose to worship in the midst of a plague because God is sovereign and he is good. We know he is holy, just, and loving toward all he has made. through worship, we, too, can reach the “heights” of worship and find a new perspective on all that is happening.
“Lord Jesus, you are my joy; I choose to worship you this day, for your glory.”