The Lord’s Tests
Jeremiah 21, 24, 27; Psalms 118; 1 John 2
“In my anguish I cried to the Lord and he answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? ...I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. The Lord has chastened me severely, but he has not given me over to death. Open for me the gates of righteousness. I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.”
Psalm 118:5, 6, 17-19
In our life, the tests of the Lord are not meant to destroy us; but rather, to both refine and promote us. Those who pass the tests do so in complete surrender of their will. In humility they cry to the Lord and wait for his deliverance. We testify to God’s presence in our lives through how we respond to these tests. The world fights, defends self, promotes self, and manipulates. The sons and daughters of God respond to his chastening with grace and humility. To them the gates of righteousness will open as the Lord welcomes them into glory.
How are we responding to the tests the Lord allows?
“Lord God, I will not be afraid in the midst of your tests. You are my Deliverer, Saviour, and Shepherd, for your glory.”