Honey from the Rock
Daniel 3- 4; Psalms 81; Revelation 17
“’Hear, O my people, and I will warn you – if you would only listen to me, O Israel!...I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it…But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.
Psalm 81:8, 10, 16
“’…none of the wise men in my kingdom can interpret it for me. But you can, because the Spirit of the holy gods is in you.’”
Daniel 4:18
Nebuchadnezzar recognized that the Spirit of God was in Daniel enabling him to be filled with wisdom and revelation. Daniel lived in daily communion with God. He taught his friends to do the same. Daily, Daniel opened his mouth and God fed him with his Word. Because Daniels’ mouth was open to eat God’s Word, it strengthened and fortified him and his friends for the opposition and testing they faced. “Honey from the rock” satisfied Daniel as God revealed to him mysteries and revelation hidden to others. How much more should we who are also filled with the Spirit of God receive strength, wisdom, and insight as we, too, listen to the Word. Digesting God’s Word means we not only listen, but we meditate, apply, and obey God’s Word so we, too, can be satisfied with the “finest of wheat”.
“Lord Jesus, your Word is my food and it satisfies, for your glory.